Thursday, September 16, 2010

Nosy and Gones

I just can't get enough of this kid. Just look at him:
He amazes me!
And he is crazy in love with his baby brother, whom he fondly refers to as "Gones."

Since their very first meeting in the hospital, Nosy has been head over heals for Jonah.

Many, many times a day, Noah requests to hold his baby. If I tip-toe close enough, I can hear the sweet nothings Nosy whispers in Jonah's tiny ear.
"You are the bery, bery, bery, bery best Gones ever!"

"You are the smartest, goodest, bestest baby."

This quote makes me grin every time: "Gones is a weally, weally, weally good, smart Baby for chewing on his pingers!"


(Noah was thrilled that they were matchy, matchy. "Take our picture, Mommy." You don't have to ask me twice!)


Jonsey will have a great self-esteem if Noah has anything to do with it! He excitedly praises that baby all day long for every tiny movement.


He kisses him from the top of his downy head to the tips of his perfect toes.


However, sweet Nosy tends to love a little roughly. His love language is physical touch, and touch he does...and climb on top of, and squeeze very tightly, and rub, rub, rub this tiny head and tummy. We have many daily opportunities to practice being gentle with baby brother.


Case in point:
It all started out so sweetly. A little conversation between Boys.

Nosy just can't help it! He gave Gones a super big squeeze. So far, so good. Just a little squashed nose, but no tears.

And then temptation set in. A finger in the ear resulted in quite a yelp from Jonah!

Let's try again another day.
So precious. Nosy is one proud big brother!

A sweet kiss on the head. Never mind the squashed eyeball.

Nosy is oblivious to the fact that Jonesy is getting a little perturbed by having his head squeezed, even if it is all done with the best of intentions.

Watching these wonderful Boys together brings me such joy. Noah's genuine love for his Baby melts my heart. I am grateful beyond words to my Lord for the blessing of all three of my Guys and the relationships they have with each other. However did God see fit to shower me with such blessings? May I never take them for granted.

2 comments:

Deann Black said...

LOVE the matching outfits:) Preston is watching over my shoulder as I look at this blog...we both agree the squeezing face loves are the funniest thing ever!

cheryl said...

Precious sibling love! We have the same "problem" down here. ;o) It's almost always well intentioned, just not always gentle or well received...especially now that he wants to be free to crawl and climb!