Thursday, September 09, 2010

3 Months: Stinky Reflux

Sweet Jones, I don't think I have ever been more in love. You get more amazing and wonderful and charming every day. Your individual personality is really starting to shine. You are sweet and interactive and happy.


You coo and ooh and aah and grin and squeal. You love being talked to. Some of your very best conversations are with the ceiling fan.

Because you are such a laid back, easy baby, I really started to get worried when you started becoming more of a crabby, fussy Guy. It just wasn't like you. As the days passed, you got crabbier and fussier for longer periods of time each day. After a weekend of almost zero smiles from my usually smiley Boy, I made an appointment with the pediatrician. I had a sneaking suspicion...the dreaded reflux.

Sure enough. Dr. Daniel agreed, and we started you on medicine. That stinky ol' reflux was making your tummy and throat hurt so bad. No wonder you were crabby! I could tell a difference almost immediately. My Smiley Jones was back!

While at the doctor's office, we weighed you: 14 pounds, 8 ounces! Chunky Monkey!

This is how you hold your hands when you are relaxed. So funny.

You are getting so strong, Jonah. You can hold your head up for long periods of time while on your tummy. Your favorite way to be held now is up on my shoulder so you can look around. No more tiny baby cradling for you! Thankfully, you still enjoy a good cuddle when you are sleepy. You can bear weight on your legs, but you don't like too much yet.

You are truly a beautiful baby, Jonah, inside and out. I am one proud Mama! You have such a sweet disposition. You bring so much joy to your whole family. You are already growing up so fast, but each stage is so much more fun than the last as you grow and change.


I still look at you sometimes, Baby, and marvel that you are my very own. God has been so very good to me! I pray I am a good steward of your little life that I have been entrusted with.

2 comments:

MichaelandJaclynn said...

He is so cute!! Gabriel has been on reflux meds for about two months now, and he was 14-11 at his three month mark. They are so similar!!

Deann Black said...

LOVE the sweet pic of him on his tummy just looking at you:) I had so much fun hanging out with just the two of you last week:)