Thursday, September 23, 2010

New Bracelets

When Noah first got diagnosed with diabetes, I hunted high and low for a medical alert bracelet that would be comfortable for him to wear yet durable, washable and cheap. Maybe my expectations were way too high. I was envisioning a bracelet made out of flexible plastic, similar to the yellow Livestrong bracelets I see everywhere. The only thing I could find was a canvas and stainless steel bracelet, and it did not come cheap. Over the course of six months, we had to buy two since 3 year olds are not the most reliable of folks.

On a friend's blog, I stumbled across a bracelet exactly like I envisioned! It even comes in toddler sizes. It costs $8, comes in a zillion colors and even ships for free! HOORAY! (It's the small things in life...you know?) We let Nosy choose three super special bracelets and he wears them with pride today. Sometimes even all of them at once! They are comfy, cute, can be washed after Nosy goes for a roll in the mud, have no itchy clasp...they are perfect for our active Boy.

Needless to say, Noah was ecstatic when the bracelets arrived in the mail. He put them all on right away. As he danced around the house, he kept singing, "These bracelets are not crappy (I have a hard time even writing that word and it is not used at our house) like my old bracelets. They have no crap at all!" It took me most of the day to figure out he was rejoicing that his bracelets did not have clasps like his old one. I am so glad he likes them, but we had to nix the song!

2 comments:

Chrys and Mike said...

so cool! love them!

and so glad they are not cr**py.

thanks for the giggle!

chrys

Abbey said...

So cute and too funny :) His spirit is just so amazing!