Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Halpin Happenings: Noah

Silly Nosy-Posy

Noah has learned so much in the past few weeks!

*He said his very first "I wuv, wuv you, Mommy!" the other night as I rocked him and sang "You Are My Sunshine" to him before bed. Absolutely precious! Several times a day now, he will run at me full force, head butt me in the stomach and yell, "I WUV YOU, MOMMY!" All Boy, I tell you. All Boy.

*His favorite game? "I pull you down!"

*Potty training. Oh my. He did so great for about 3 weeks with just an accident here or there. In the past week, we have had two days that were absolutely horrible with 5 or more accidents. I am not sure what that is about, but I do hope this phase ends soon!

*One night at family worship time, Jeremy had us all kneel beside O's bed to pray, hoping to help energetic little boys keep still and focused. Now, every night at prayer time, No-nos bellows out, "BOW DOWN KNEES!" And so we do.

*One day, as I was using the restroom, I asked Noah for some privacy, please, as his favorite place to stand is between me and the toilet paper dispenser in very close quarters. Noah went running to the linen closet, rummaged around for a minute, and then returned proudly holding out a roll of toilet paper. "Pri-ba, Mommy!" After thanking him and letting him know that TP is not exactly privacy, he disappeared again. He returned just a second later with a roll of paper towels held out to me. "BIG pri-ba, Mommy! BIG!" said in a deep, gruff voice. I could just eat his cute self up!

*Poor Guy has been having nightmares lately. The two things most often cried about in the wee hours of the morning are:
"Need new unnerpans, Mommy." (even though he wears a diaper at night)
"No blow away! Catch me!" He cries about this with fear all over his sweet face. It breaks my heart! I rock him and sing to him and try to soothe the scariness away.

*Loves his train underpants, the book Hush Little Baby, playing baseball and hide and peek, "big, big sticks," and wriggling his way onto my lap.

Thank You, Lord, for this kiddo full of spunk and sparkle and the privilege to raise Him to love You.


1 comment:

cheryl said...

Sweet post. I had to crack up at the privacy thing! Too funny!