Monday, April 06, 2009

Cooking School

I was attempting to catch up on a little blogging in the office when my favorite moment of my birthday happened. I heard a bunch of rustling around in the kitchen. Pretty soon I hear Jeremy say with confusion, "Separate eggs?! What does that mean?" I tip-toed out for a closer peek. Jeremy and O were whipping up a birthday cake for me, something I am sure Jeremy has never tried before. I then hear my four year old launch into a step-by-step description about how one separates eggs, among other things concerning cake baking: mixer speed, coating the pans with cooking spray, dividing the batter and then tapping the pans to get all the air bubbles out. Our resident baker was giving Daddy quite an impressive lesson on cake baking. All I could do was laugh and treasure this moment up in my heart.

Daddy needed no help to know how to thoroughly lick a beater!

I loved my yummy, pretty, made and decorated with such love cake!

5 comments:

thesanders said...

What a wonderful teacher Owen is! I think his teacher deserves a round of applause! I still can't get over how much Noah and Theo look alike.

Deann Black said...

What an adorable pic of the three guys! Tell Jeremy I am so proud of him:)

Gigi said...

What three precious men you have! I love them all!

cheryl said...

How "sweet" is that!?! :o) Love that O was so thorough with his instructions.

cheryl said...

p.s. Happy Birthday! :o)