Sunday, December 21, 2008

Cupcake Infatuation

When Noah's actual birthday rolled around, we celebrated quietly, just the four of us. It was perfect!

Owie and I secretly decorated Nosy's cupcakes while he slept. We made green, green grass out of icing, and then topped them off with tiny baseball mitts. I had saved two Diego figurines from a previous party. Since Noah has shown a partiality towards Diego ("Gay-go!!" is yelled gleefully whenever we turn the TV on), we topped off two special cupcakes with Diego and his spy glass.


Noah's first peek at his cupcakes.

I think he's pleased!

Sniffing Diego. I should have known the Diego cupcake would be his fave.

Tasting Diego. I guess the kid likes Diego more than I thought!

Diego spies Noah!
This picture was taken right before Noah stuck his chubby little finger right into the flame. Poor Noah. What was I thinking, putting a lit candle on my toddler's high chair tray?

Devouring his cupcake! Rapid sugar intake seemed to erase all memory of an ouchy finger.

Other birthday activities:
The kids sang Happy Birthday to Noah at church.
Opened gifts with the family (The Big Picture Story Bible, new Crocs, a baseball and glove, and his very own copy of Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?)
Played and played and played at McDonald's after a most nutritious McNugget supper. Laughed as Mommy and Daddy got stuck in the obstacle course more than once!

I still can't believe my Nosy's TWO!?!

1 comment:

Erica said...

The grass looks really good.