Wednesday, February 20, 2008

We Survived

For any of you out there wondering how we did at our new nursery today, let me tell you:
We all did surprisingly well!

O walked right into his new class with new kids and new teachers without even a backward glance! When I came to pick him up, he was excited to see me and came running over to the door, full of smiles and stories. I am so proud of you, Owie! Big brave Boy!

No-nos, on the other hand, wailed as I handed him over to the grandmotherly nursery worker. I explained to her that he had major separation issues and was likely to put up a good fuss. "Please come get me if he is inconsolable," I said. She just nodded her head with a knowing smile and shooed me on my way. When it was time to fetch him, he was happily playing in a ball pit, having the time of his life. As soon as he saw me, he turned on the tears, for dramatic effect, I am sure. I loved on him a minute and then stepped out into the hallway where Noah proceeded to give me resounding BITE on the arm! What is that about?! Punishment for abandoning him to strangers? Please, do not let him be turning into a dreaded, dare I even say the word, biter! He's never bit before, outside of a couple of times while teething and nursing. I scolded him, at which point he dissolved into a puddle of remorseful tears. Sweet Nosy. What am I going to do with you?


I loved going to my Bible Study. Learned a lot and ran into quite a few old friends. This is going to work out just great!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy for you and sorry about the bite. l, b

Chrys and Mike said...

i'm so sad i missed seeing you. will look for you next week!!!

chrys