Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Expedition

Today was my very favorite kind of day: nothing on the calendar, lots of energy and a crisp, sunny day dawning outside. After Nosy's morning nap, we packed up sandwiches and headed for the park. I dubbed our outing, The Expedition! Just the title of the day provoked excitement!

The Boys devoured their sandwiches. I made Scooter his first cashew butter sandwich and, as is evidenced by the photo, he had no complaints!

I taught O a bit about tracking. I only know a bit about tracking, so unless I brush up on the topic, the tracking lessons will probably end here. This, I explained to O, is more than likely a big dog paw print. Lesson complete. But we had fun following the big dog paw prints until eventually they faded away.


Owen declared himself to be the "stick collector." He did a very thorough job of collecting sticks!

All three of us hiked down an embankment to get closer to the creek. There we had a great time tossing O's many sticks in the water and watching them float away.

Other expeditious activities included: running very, very fast; pretending we were airplanes, eagles, helicopters, hawks, all which required running very, very fast; racing, which also meant running very, very fast while one tired Mommy pushed the stroller through the grass. After all that, we had travelled quite a distance, and so we began the true expedition of attempting to find where Mommy had parked the car. Eventually we found it and headed home for long naps!

Another thing that made this day my fave kind of day: We had packages on our doorstep when we got home! Just some clothes I had ordered on-line for the Boys, but packages none-the-less. What is more fun than a box of surprises to open with my Boys?!

1 comment:

cheryl said...

What a fun day! Love the sweet pics! :o)