Friday, February 15, 2008

On Star

O has the memory of an elephant. His thing lately is to name every place of business that we pass while riding in the car. I must admit that his list of places he recognizes is a little convicting:
"McDonald's, Mommy! Taco Bueno! Can I get a bucket of beans and dippy cheese? Oh and there's Taco Bell. Is that Starbuck's? Target. Walmart. Sam's! I like Sam's. They have samples! Chick Fil A. Babies R Us. Where's Toys R Us? There is Chuck E Cheese! When can we go back there to play? And OTB! Steak and Shake. They put cherries on the big shakes they have there." I could list on and on. The pattern that develops is remarkably full of fast food joints. Hmmm. Maybe some dietary modifications are called for here.

O also has an uncanny sense of direction, which he definitely did not inherit from me!! I still get lost...a lot...in the very city I grew up in! He can tell me the way home from almost anywhere these days. "Turn that way, Mommy. Home is that way," while pointing his sweet finger adamantly. He works much better than a compass! I have my very own On Star strapped into a car seat in the back. Things he has over the On Star: He's much cuter and comes free of charge, with a delightful sense of humor!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like the first pic! Artsy with the movement of the water and great capture of the most important aspect - O's wonderful personality.
l, b