Monday, June 09, 2008

Back on Track

It seems like it's been weeks now that we have been merely surviving, making it through the day. All the bugs that have overtaken our house have left us exhausted and with no motivation to attempt the above and beyond. I hate being that kind of Mom. The kind that just bides her time until nap or bed time...playing with the kids, of course, but not having engaging things planned out for us to work on together. I love to have an agenda, special crafts or outings planned, set aside learning fun with O, dedicated Bible and computer time. None of that has gone on while we have all felt so puny...and I miss it. I miss being purposeful with my time. I am a steward of these two precious minds, and I have let too many days dwindle away. So although I still don't feel up to snuff (started another round of antibiotics today), I was determined to make good use of my time. Today we had a very long over-due changing of the verse ceremony. It felt great to be focusing my energy with Owie on something worthwhile and meaningful again.

The verse we chose together this time:
Hebrews 13:16
"And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased."



Sweet O has already applied the verse several times in his dealings with Baby Brother. "Watch me, Mommy! I am pleasing God by sharing with No-Nos!" And he asks multiple times a day if he is pleasing God with his behavior. It is so awesome to me that he cares if he is pleasing to God. (Don't get me wrong, though. There are times when pleasing God or Mom is the last thing on his fit-throwing mind!)

So here's to more purposeful days as we at The House of Halpin get back on track.

Just checked on Nosy, who is in bed coughing his head off. Fever...again. What is going on?! I am so discouraged! Are we ever going to get over all this sickness? I guess we're in for yet another sleepless night!

2 comments:

Chrys and Mike said...

oh, friend, hope you get some sleep tonight. you guys have got to get well.

i appreciate how intentional you are with your boys. i'm so glad we're friends.

chrys

p.s. GREAT verse...we need to memorize that one, too!

Erica said...

I am so sorry to hear that the boys are still sick. I completely understand how it can make the days seem REALLY long!!