Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Spring Showers

It's finally looking a bit like Spring around here, and to us that means one of our favorite things: Dallas Blooms is back at the Arboretum. The weather report said 20% chance of a shower or two today, but we weren't going to let that stop us! The skies looked clear and the temperature was perfect.

However, as the Boys and I waited for my sweet friend Chrys and her crew to arrive, I began to hear thunder in the distance. The storm literally rolled in right before my eyes. We barely made it through the front gates before the skies opened and the rain began pouring down. We sprinted for the nearest sheltered area to wait it out.

What a beautiful storm it was! We had a perfect view over White Rock lake and the Arbo absolutely glistened in the rain. We got to witness first hand the awesome power of God in the storm.

Thankfully, it was a rather fast-moving storm system and we were soon ready to roll again.

Oh, how tempting were the huge puddles! My Boys were in jeans and tennis shoes, so I attempted to keep them dry, but it was of no use. Weren't little boys made to be puddle jumpers? Have at it, Guys!!


Baby Elliot stayed nice and cozy and as happy as he could be!

Love these four!

It is always an adventure at the Arboretum! Stay tuned. I am sure we will be back in finer weather soon!

1 comment:

Chrys and Mike said...

That ended up being one of my favorite Arboretum memories! Thank you so much for inviting us, friends. We love you!

Chrys