Thursday, May 15, 2008

Sweet and Stormy Conversation

O was up for a bit during the storm last night. During our praying/comforting/reassuring/back patting time together (that I would not trade even for the extra hour of sleep I missed), we conversed.


Me: "Thank you, Jesus, for this wonderful rain! It is giving the grass a great drink."
O: "Gramps a drink?"
Me: "No, Sweetie, the grass a drink."
O: "Is Gramps thirsty?"


I opened his blinds so we could watch the storm together. A little ways down the street we have a street light.
O: "Even in the rain, I can see the sunshine!"
(Wow, does that have a deeper spiritual meaning that he has no idea about yet!)


Owie has also come up with several new words for things. For example, every stop sign is now called a "souse." Each time we pass a stop sign, we hear, "A souse!" proclaimed from the backseat of the car.

"Tippy feet": walking on just your heals

One last funny thing:
Today we were playing outside and Owie said, "I'm that guy that comes over to play with you, Mommy!"
And I'm so glad you do, O.

Funny, sweet, sweet Boy!

No comments: