Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A Walk to Remember

It was finally warm enough to get out on our daily walk again today. Walking with the Boys always leads to some memorable conversations. I have been trying to instill in O the truth that we can talk to God anytime about anything. He is always listening and loving us.

I asked Owen if he had any problems or worries that I could be praying about for him. I had no idea what he would respond or if he even understood what I was asking. Without hesitation he piped right up:
"I do have a prob-em. I have snots." So matter of fact. "Say a prayer for it, Mommy." Of course I did.

As soon as I had finished covering O's "snots" in prayer, he spoke up again! "Nosy wants my toys. Say a prayer for that too, please." Good idea, O! After I prayed, O turned around and looked at me. "I like to share my toys with No-nos, Mommy!" Prayer answered already!

I asked O if he would pray for something that was worrying me. "Oh yes!" I explained to him that Papa did not have a job to go to right now and how sad and worried it made our family. Listen in on his precious prayer: "Dear God, please give Papa a new job. Please give Papa a good job. In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen!"

2 comments:

Kara said...

I got to your blog off of Chrys' and have enjoyed reading about your boys. You have been an encouragement to me and taught me so much about parenting through your blog! I hope I can help my little boy develop the heart for Christ that you are teaching Owen and Noah everyday. Thanks for sharing pieces of your life with me! :-)

Chrys and Mike said...

precious.

you're such a good momma.

chrys