Monday, January 21, 2008

Game On!

Nosy, you seem to have grown up quite a bit this month! You are now 13 months old!
What a little game player you are! Not only do you enjoy a good game, no matter how simple it might be, you also often initiate games.



Some of your faves:
Hide the ball under a cup or in my hand. You will guess which cup/hand the ball is in, with incredible accuracy, I must add!

Throw food off your high chair tray. This "game" prompts you to throw back your sweet head and laugh and laugh...until the stern "No, No!" that comes from Mommy. Then your little face crumples with tears.

The fake hiccup game. Once, when you got the hiccups, you made such funny faces that Owen and I couldn't help but get the giggles. Now you muster up a fake hiccup just to get us laughing.

Throw the ball. You could literally play ball for hours without tiring. It has been a bit of a challenge to teach you that while tossing a soft ball is acceptable, tossing anything you feel like is not.

The old stand-by: peek-a-boo. Sometimes I catch you hiding under a cloth diaper or behind a church bulletin. What are you doing, crazy Boy? Then you pop your head out with a mile-wide grin! Peek-a-boo, I see you!

You have added a few more words to your repertoire this month:

"Na-na-na-na-na!" (No!) Said with violent, whiplash-inducing head shakes, mostly when I need to clean your face with a wash cloth.
"Ma-ma-ma-ma-MA!" You so sweetly call me...and get gradually more insistent.
"Ba" for ball is another new addition.
A few times we think you have said "O" to call your Brother, "nana" for banana, and "Aa-da" for all done.
You jabber constantly and often crack yourself up with whatever you are talking about. I can't wait to know more of what goes on in your fun-lovin' brain!
Your one and only walking step was on Christmas Eve. I am beginning to think it was an accident, seeing as how it has not happened again. However, you are definitely not as content to crawl anymore. You want to be up-right. Your solution: Pull up on my pants and cling for dear life as I take mincing steps and you follow behind. It takes me forever to accomplish a task that way, but you are so proud of yourself "walking" right along with Mommy. You will also do this with Owen from time to time. He is not as accommodating, I'm afraid!


You really think you can feed yourself and jump at the chance to hold the spoon. It causes quite a mess, but it's so much fun to watch you try. You get so excited when a bite actually makes it to your mouth!
You make our days such fun, Noah!

No comments: