Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hilariable

Adjective

Used to describe one who often provokes hilarity in another

Owen is the most hilariable little man I have ever met. He has me rolling with giggles all day long!



Here are a few of the hilarious sayings that have come out of that brain of his lately:


While sipping his water: "Mommy, I am giving Jesus in my heart a drink. He is very thirsty in there."


"I like tigers by-cuz they are bigger than I are."

"I think I will sit next to Jesus to eat my lunch today."


At dinner every night, Owen requests to please say the prayer. Every night, this is what he prays: "Dear Jesus, thank you for this sunny (cold, rainy, fun, etc.) day. Please help Mommy to get a good night's sleep. In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen." So funny. Jeremy must have prayed that at some point when Noah was having sleep issues and it just stuck in Owie's brain! All the prayer is working! I sleep great!

Owen loves his guitar! Prior to receiving it for Christmas, he pretended everything from a golf club to the TV remote was a guitar. The only problem is with his pronunciation of the word "guitar." He calls it a "mi-tar." One day he told me that "red mi-tars are really called 'ri-tars' by-cuz they are red." Lately he has noticed that he does not say "guitar" quite like the rest of us. Now, when discussing guitars, he will screw up his little face, think very hard for a minute and then very carefully say, "eg-tar." You're getting closer, Babe! I happen to like your special vocabulary and will be sad when the day comes that you have perfect pronunciation!

1 comment:

Gina said...

That will be a sad day indeed. We get similar kicks out of our 2 year old and I am sure we've got a long season of it before anything is perfectly pronounced.

This was a darling post! The ri-tar got me going.