Friday, July 13, 2007

Tough Love

The time has finally come. We have got to get some sleep. My stubborn youngest has had alternative plans for night time, including crying, playing, talking, screaming, everything but sleeping! And so, with my heart nearly breaking, in submission to my husband (and my pediatrician), we have decided to let him (gulp) cry it out. The first night actually went better than I thought it would, seeing as how Noah has a will of steel. He only cried a cumulative total of roughly 2 hours. I was worried he would hold a grudge the next day, but he seems no worse for the wear. The second night, he actually slept from 8:00-4:30. "We are the winners, and after only one night! Look who's boss!" I foolishly thought. Well, the rest of the week, he has screamed anywhere from one to two hours, but I have remained strong and have yet to rescue him. He is a smart boy. Eventually he will learn.
Pictures taken in the garage while watching O play in the rain.
This last shot captured Noah's "will of steel" face pretty well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the black and white! So hard to let them cry, but I'm glad it is working.

Anonymous said...

Does he cry while going to sleep or are you trying to eliminate a night time feeding? It does get better. they do learn. And, once they do it's so great!

Andrea said...

Hang in there! It'll get better. I love those pictures - so adorable. Andrea

The Beautiful Cagle Family said...

Love the last pic, he may have a strong will but he is precious. I hope it is getting better. Stay strong.