Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Kind of a Bust

Yesterday, I was full of good intentions. My parents graciously offered to keep Noah so Owen and I could go on a date together. We donned our swimsuits and headed to the public pool, hoping to take full advantage of the overcast yet not drippy day. We arrived at Terrace Pool (which has received rave reviews!) to find the teenaged lifeguards standing around feasting on a pizza and not a swimmer in sight. Apparently they closed the pool due to the (very distant) rumble of thunder. Not to be easily thwarted, O and I set off for the park next to the pool, a very fun playground promising an afternoon of climbing and sliding. About 2 minutes and 15 mosquito bites later, O and I were loaded back up in the car. What should we do for a fun date? Being the health conscious Mom I am, and dinner being only a couple of hours off, I head to the nearest Wendy's for FROSTIES!! Every little boy needs their dinner spoiled once in awhile! So Owen and I spent our date on my parents front porch, talking about life and what we are so thankful to Jesus for (mainly my Boys!). We couldn't have enjoyed ourselves more!




No comments: