Friday, July 20, 2007

Move Over Emeril!

A funny story:
You know we celebrate the much underrated Half Birthday here at The House of Halpin. O's big day is coming up quickly, so I have prepared by doing a little celebratory shopping. Since O is crazy for all things culinary, I bought him a little case full of plastic food, plates, silverware, pans, cooking utensils and a teeny tiny stove top. I carefully placed the gift in my closet out of the way of curious eyes. Upon waking up from his nap, my tidy son noticed that sloppy Mommy had forgotten to put away my shoes. Off he happily trots, flip flops in hand, to put them in my closet. He was gone quite awhile. The next thing I hear: little feet running from our bedroom, followed by, "Mommy, what's that toy? Want it, please!" Oh no! He had found the food basket! Jeremy and I decided to let him have it a few days early, since he was so enthralled by it. The child has been cooking for an army since! His favorite meal to concoct: Hot dogs and French fries!


1 comment:

Andrea said...

Wow...wish I could get Benjamin to put away my shoes for me. He just drags them out and tries them on. Love the pictures. Thanks for your note. We're doing really well and my procedure went well today. I feel this door is closed and we'll wait for the next to open. love, Andrea