Saturday, July 07, 2007

Are You Sure They're Sweet?

It was a most exciting day around here! Our resident foodie (I have never met such an "oral" kid!) was given doctor's permission to expand his dietary repertoire to include tempting orange veggies. I raced to the store and ended up buying Gerber because I was so excited to feed him. (I prepared all of O's food from scratch and will probably do the same for Noah...eventually. Time is much scarcer these days!) I knew it was going to be love at first bite, just as it was with his rice cereal! First bite in...
...and first bite out, followed by this face:
Oh no! What's this? He doesn't care for sweet potatoes? We tried and tried again with the same face resulting after every bite. Soon, he began clamping his tiny jaws shut! I mixed the sweet potatoes with rice cereal. Maybe this would be more palatable?

Oh but no. Poor guy. I wonder how green beans are going to sit with him if he can't muster the sweet potatoes?

No comments: