Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve 2010

Christmas Eve is my favorite night of the whole year. I love everything about it: the anticipation, the wonder, the awe that comes over me as I contemplate God sending His Son to Earth as a baby. I love attending church with my family, reading the account of Jesus' birth before opening the very first gifts, the vast amounts of sugar I consume, the pure joy on the Boys' faces. If I had to pinpoint one especially favorite moment of the evening, it would definitely be singing Silent Night with candles lit, smooshed between my husband and my boys and my parents. I try to memorize each of their faces as they are right in that moment, lit only by the tiny flames, filled with wonder and awe, as we all sing a little off key. It is absolutely beautiful.

Quick family pics before diving into our delicious pizza dinner.

We were so excited that Kyle and LouLou were with us this year! It's just not the same when they are off galavanting somewhere exotic.

Reading the Bible with Gramps.

Yaya got Nosy some authentic juggling balls. Jeremy showed off a few of his skills. I am sure there are some new juggling tricks in our future!

Tiny O is growing up, sniffle, sniffle. A few months ago, he mentioned that he thought his Sesame Street bike helmet was not grown up enough for him. It was for a little boy, not a half grown boy that is almost six. When I passed this tidbit onto Yaya, she was more than happy to shop for an appropriately grown up helmet for our Big O. He was super excited when he opened a manly green and silver helmet. It was declared to be "cool" and he sported it for a good part of the evening. Thanks, Mom, for scouring Toys R Us for the perfect big boy helmet for our little guy.

Reading the yearly photo book. Check out Mom's "bling": hand painted rocks and seashells strung on purple curling ribbon. The Boys could not wait to give it to her and she wore it with such pride.

I love our Christmas Eve, full of family and tradition. What precious, priceless memories we are making!

No comments: