Thursday, December 09, 2010

Camera Shy: 6 Months

Six months, Jonah? Really?? Where did the time go? Slow down, Tiny Boy!
Stats:
15 pounds, 13 ounces (25%)
27 1/2 inches (75%)
You are long and lean like your Daddy.

Jones, how do I even begin to describe you? You are a ray of sunshine, so content, smiley and chatty and wonderful. You rarely ever cry. Instead, you bounce and squeal and jibber-jabber. You are happy to just be plopped somewhere to hang out, as long as we stop by every once in awhile to chat with you. I honestly think God placed you in our lives to be such a bright spot in the midst of some trying times. It is impossible to remain sad or stressed while holding you. You are our joy.

These pictures do not do you justice. As soon as you see the big black camera in front of my face, you clam right up. Normally, you grin from ear to ear and have the sweetest dimple in your right cheek. Your eyes sparkle with excitement.

You are so laid back and Mommy holds you so much of the day that you aren't sitting yet, nor can you roll from back to tummy. It'll come all in good time though. We practice sitting some every day.

Unlike your brothers who were very wary of people at your age, you have never met a stranger. You coo and smile at everyone you meet. You love to interact with people!


One of my very favorite things is to pop you in Aunt Erica's sling while I shop. Your little head peeks out over the top. You look around with your huge blue eyes, grinning at everyone that passes by. So many little old ladies stop to comment on your extreme cuteness. I have to agree with them. You are the cutest thing I have ever seen!


Your brothers can not get enough of you! They each spend time talking to you and explaining things to you. You just light up when they come into your line of sight. O loves to sing you little songs he makes up. You absolutely beam at him the whole time. You are a tad bit more wary of Nosy, just because he loves in a much more physical way and is not always as gentle as he should be. Noah performs funny little dances for you to make you laugh.

Jonesy, I know you've been around for awhile now, but I still can not believe that you are mine. I honestly lay awake in bed sometimes and get excited all over again when I hear you on the monitor. You are really ours. I truly have the most amazing boy, the boy I prayed so diligently for, right down the hall in his crib. You bring us such immeasurable joy. You are loved more than you can ever begin to imagine. We are so richly blessed.

1 comment:

cheryl said...

Seriously! I can't believe how similar our kiddos are in some ways.
LOVE this precious post of your tiny man! can't believe he's getting so big already!