Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Welcoming Autumn

We held off until the first official day of Fall and then I could resist no longer. Those beautiful, shiny, orange, $0.78 pumpkins at Walmart had been calling my name for days. I finally succumbed. We decided to head out into the cool evening and paint our pumpkins.

But first, they were in dire need of a good scrub. I think the Boys chose the two dirtiest pumpkins they could find in the pile at Walmart. O gave them a dunk.

My Guys had a great time decorating their pumpkins.
(Notice Owie's shirt? He dressed himself and put his shirt on backwards. When I talked to him about it, he patiently explained to me that it was his basketball jersey and jerseys have numbers on the back. Okay, Buddy. Whatever makes you happy!)

Nosy's Tosies

While the paint dried we poked at stuff with sticks,

and ran like the wind,


and looked good enough to eat.


Love those Boys! I am really focusing on living in the moment. Time is flying by so fast and I get so sad when I think about it too hard. But these moments? These moments are precious and priceless and I am very busy soaking them up.

2 comments:

cheryl said...

Such sweet memories!
Love O's shirt, and I totally can relate to wanting to "eat them up." ;o)

Gigi said...

I love O's shirt choice and Nosy's toes!!!