Friday, September 25, 2009

Headed to the Market

I have had ambitions to go to the Dallas Farmer's Market for a couple of years now. Crazy, isn't it? Just go already! But it seems like when I think about it, it's always too hot...or too cold..or the 'fridge is already stuffed full. Well, I finally got my act together and we went. We even incorporated a bit of learning while we were there.

This is not the most flattering pic of the Boys, but you can kind of see the little "I Spy" books I made them. Owie's book had words on one side and the picture on the other, in case he got stumped. Noah's book had word and picture on the same side. Once the Boys spied the item on the page, they were rewarded with a sticker. Collect all the stickers to win a prize! Sadly, since I had not been to the Farmer's Market since I was a little girl, I did not know exactly what to expect. Grapes, caps, trucks, bees, pumpkins could be spotted in abundance. However there was not a pair of boots or a dog to be seen. No worries. The Boys earned their prizes anyhow.

Look at the crystal clear, beautiful day God blessed us with!

It looks like O spotted a baby to earn a sticker!

Nosy flipping through his book.

Fun picnic lunch after shopping.

We had a really good time at the Farmer's Market, especially downing all the fantastic samples they were freely handing out. Although I came home with oodles of produce, I don't think I necessarily got a great bargain. I think I would have had to buy in a lot more bulk to save a lot of money. But a fun time was had by all, and we enjoyed the gorgeous day before all the dreariness set in.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Fun!! I need to take the boys to do that!