Monday, June 08, 2009

Unnecessary Avoidance

We live right down the road from Hawaiian Falls. We pass by it almost every day. The Boys plead to go in to play. And yet we have never, ever gone.

Part of it was fear of the unknown on my part. Tickets were too expensive to risk my less-than-adventurous Owie not enjoying himself. How could one me keep track of two non-swimmers in a water park filled with water and dangerous situations? And now Nosy's diabetes makes outings like this that much harder. (Water play seems to bottom out his blood sugar almost every time.) I admit, I was intimidated.

That was before I heard about Maui Moms Monday. All three of us could go splash the day away for only $14. We decided to give it a try. The Boys were beside themselves with excitement when I told them our plan for the day.

Owen was having a bit of a "moment." Most of the day he was all smiles!

It was so much fun to meet up with great friends! And super helpful to have an extra pair of eyes!

Handsome Truett. I could gobble him up!

Lunch break to refuel.

Oliver and Noah were practically inseparable.

Staying clear of the huge splashes that occurred about every 10 minutes. Other than being splashed in the face, O loved everything about the water park: the slides, the lazy river. I think our over-all fave was the wave pool though. We would have been content to hang out there all day!

Four tuckered out Boys.

The day was fabulous! We had the time of our lives and Nosy's blood sugars were great until right before we left. I so wish now that we had bought the cheap season passes for this year (while Noah is still free) when they were on sale this spring. I know we would have gotten our money's worth! As it is, we will be visiting again sometime this summer.

1 comment:

chrys said...

we need to plan our next trip! it was a blast!