Sunday, June 21, 2009

Getting Older Every Day

Nosy?! Two and a half?! Seriously? This can not be possible. And yet, here you are. Two and a half, and big and strong and absolutely wonderful.

I could just gobble you up, Noah. You are a joy to be around: up-beat, funny, opinionated, smart. You light up my days, keep me in stitches and give me such delight. You have to deal with so many things a toddler should never have to face, and yet you do it with a happy heart and great attitude. No sign of the terrible twos around here! They are the amazing twos as far as you are concerned.

You are one busy Guy these days. Your imagination has taken off. You love to play restaurant and cook up my favorite treats. Many times a day, you come up to me so gently cradling an imaginary brother. "I have a bee-bee for you to hold, Mommy. A bee-bee boy-ee." You like to color and play "hide and peek." But your absolute favorite things involve sports, always sports. Baseball is your number one pick, with football a close second, then "goal ball" and "koccer." Volleyball, hockey ("ho-ee"), tennis, badminton, track and field, even bowling are often played as well. Pretty much if it can be considered a sport, you're in!

You talk and talk and talk and talk and we love it!! You are so expressive, and everything that is going on in your super-smart brain comes out. We can't always understand it all, but we are so glad you are sharing it with us. Owen is our resident interpreter. He helps translate for us when we get stuck. He understands your language even better than Daddy and I do.

And you have started praying your very own precious prayers. You are a bit long winded as you thank God for every sport under the sun ("Thank you for baseball and baseball player, and koccer and koccer player...") and everyone you have seen that day, but it is a joy to hear you communicating with God on your own.

You LOVE to sleep...and I love that you love to sleep. If nap time is nearing and you don't see me getting things ready quite fast enough, you will prod me with a friendly reminder, "Need nap, Mommy. Need to sleep now." You never make a peep going down to bed and sleep straight through the night, often even sleeping right through your middle of the night blood sugar checks.


Oh how you adore your big brother! Even though hugs often turn into wrestles, you keep on going back. You guys are the very best of friends, and the game-playing and scheming is only beginning. Lately, O has been a bit bossy towards you. You take it up to a point, and then you balk. It usually ends up with you abandoning the game.


A funny, little known fact:
You are one of the cuddliest, most affectionate, loving guys I know, but you do NOT like kisses. We plant smooches on your squishy cheeks often throughout the day, and almost every time, you patiently wipe it off. Now, I admit, Owie's kisses can be a bit wet and may be deserving of a subtle wipe-off, but Mommy's kisses? You don't even want to keep one of Mommy's kisses? Nope. You are not a fan.

Your most used phrase?
"NOBODY GO PAST HERE!"
You plant yourself firmly in the doorway, arms and legs spread wide and adamantly prohibit passage around you...for no known reason. Maybe you are just exercising your power? Who knows?

Noah, you are my sunshine. You bring me more joy (especially in the midst of the trials we have been experiencing lately) than you could ever know. Your bright smile and sparkly eyes and happy heart lift my spirits every day. I love, love you, Nosy Posy. I am thankful for you. I wish I could keep you tiny forever, but I delight in the little boy you are growing into. I am blessed to know you.

Here is a snippet of you in school, reciting "A Catechism for Boys and Girls." You are one smart cookie!


3 comments:

Erica said...

precious, precious boy! love him!

Trent and Hollie said...

That is the sweetest little voice and how amazing to see his little light for God shine. Speechless.

chrys said...

love, love, love that sweet boy. i teared up during the video.

chrys