Friday, November 02, 2007

Sweet Nothings

I have 5,000 pictures I need to post, so many that I am overwhelmed. So rather than attempting to dive in tonight, I just want to share this precious story.


After Owen had been in bed for about half an hour tonight, he started crying that he needed to get up to potty. This is a frequently used bedtime stalling tactic, but because I don't want to be changing wet sheets in the middle of the night, I usually give in. He was being especially squirrely, probably a combo of too much sugar after supper and not enough wind-down time before bed. He could tell I was getting annoyed with his antics. When I asked if I could give him one last hug before tucking him in, he answered, "Yes, you 'made'."
Then, while so sweetly rubbing my back, he whispered in my ear, "You are my sunshine, Mommy."

No comments: