Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Feel Good about Your Housekeeping!

This is the kind of housekeeper I am:
Not a good one.
I would do almost anything to avoid cleaning the house, especially when there are sweet Boys growing up too fast begging to be played with and snuggled on.
Thus the following occurred.
Something odd on our door frame caught my eye. Upon closer inspection, I recognized that it could possibly, maybe could be a cocoon.
A COCOON?!?!
I did vaguely recollect seeing a caterpillar sitting in that very spot a few days prior. However, I do not recall ever catching and releasing it. Bummer. A cocoon growing, hibernating in our house. How embarrassing!
Oh well. We will make the best of it! I ran and got O to show him my discovery. He was quite impressed, and made absolutely no derogatory remarks about my cleaning skills. We thought maybe we should read our Very Hungry Caterpillar book. "That's a great idea, Mommy!" At Owen's suggestion, we decided to include the cocoon in our story time. We plopped right down next to our cocoon and Owie "read" the book aloud, stopping several times along the way to inquire whether the caterpillar could hear him.
We were still hanging out with our cocoon when Daddy came home. He, unfortunately, was not as impressed as I had hoped. He grabbed a paper towel and whisked our friend away before we could argue. It was fun while it lasted!
(I hope I have not scared any of you away from our humble abode. I do clean from time to time, and your chances of encountering a caterpillar are slim!)


2 comments:

Colleen said...

I bet even the cleanest of homes get a little bug now and then! Wasn't it you on your hands and knees literally on this blog a few weeks ago scrubbing the kitchen with Owen?
A caterpillar, that is nothing! I left a sippy cup of milk out long enough on a shelf in the playroom that it solidified :-)

Kimberly said...

Yes, I was also thinking about the floor scrubbing you mentioned. In fact, I remember thinking "I should be clean like her" when I read it!
;)