Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Rattling Around in my Brain

Sometimes I get so frustrated, doing the same cleaning, disciplining, diabetes-managing, attitude-shaping every day just to go to bed (but not sleep because little guys have many nighttime needs!) and start all over the next day. I love my life and I would not trade spending all day every day with my boys for anything, but it can get wearisome at times, especially when I am just so tired. But then God gives me one moment, just a fleeting moment, that reminds me why I am doing it all. For today's "moment," I just happened to have my camera handy.


They are so beautiful, it almost brings tears to my eyes. My three.

I read this quote the other day and it has burdened me with such a responsibility:
"...the most portentous fact about any man is not what he at a given time may say or do, but what he in his deep heart conceives God to be like...
Were we able to extract from any man a complete answer to the question, 'What comes to mind when you think about God?' we might predict with certainty the spiritual future of that man."
A.W. Tozer

Right now, day in and day out, my Boys are deciding what they believe to be true about the awesome God we serve, and those decisions will be what ultimately shape their lives. And I know that they are making these decisions based not on what they learn in Bible class as much as by what they see lived out in front of them. I have been entrusted with three little hearts and I am so convicted about being a good steward of them. My actions and reactions are the example they see modeled for them the most often. Am I reflecting Christ to them? His love, His compassion, His mercy? Am I daily walking by faith, trusting God's sovereignty? Am I living out what I teach them in our daily Bible lessons and devotionals? Or am I full of empty words? And am I thankful for those teachable moments when I can direct my kids back to God and His word (even though it takes so much more energy and effort) or do I squander those times and let them slip away? These are all things I have been tossing around in my brain lately. These years when the kids are tiny are so important and fly by all too fast. I pray I am doing an honorable job. I just have to look at those three precious faces to be convicted and strengthened in my mission to raise godly boys who faithfully walk with Christ.

3 comments:

Gigi said...

You are doing a wonderful job raising those three precious boys!

cheryl said...

Beautiful post! Amazing pictures, by one of the most wonderful, God-fearing, precious, creative, and fantastic mommies I know!!!
Continuing to pray for you. You're doing an awesome job!

Deann Black said...

You are an AWESOME MOMMY...and you should NEVER second guess that!