Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Desperate Times

Desperate times call for desperate measures, my friends.
Care to guess what our desperate measure is these days?


On the up-side, look at what I get the joy of waking up to every morning. He seems to be enjoying it too.

Things I've learned about Jones since he started co-bedding:

He is a snuggle bug. I put him to bed between Jeremy and myself, with his face far away from the covers and our pillows. I am so scared that he'll suffocate in the night. The little buggy squirms and wriggles and inches towards me until he is all safe and cozy and curled up tight beside me. I can't lie. I love it. I spoon him all night long.

He is a fast learner. He has learned that when he is hungry, he doesn't even have to exert the energy to cry. He just kicks his little froggy legs against my tummy until I wake up.

The Boy is a space heater. I am always chilly in bed, but I stay extra cozy with his tiny, warm body snuggled up next to me.

When all the chaos at our house dies down and people start sleeping again, the day will come for Jonah to go back to his own bed. Until then, we are happily soaking up the extra snuggle time and a few extra zzzz's.

4 comments:

cheryl said...

Sorry y'all are going through such tough times right now, but those pics are AMAZING!!!
What a precious punkin, and such sweet and fleeting moments you get to cherish.

Anonymous said...

love the pics! darling boy!

praying for you.

chrys

Deann Black said...

He is pure sweetness:)

Anonymous said...

co sleeping was one of the best things! So glad you're getting a little sleep.