Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Fun and Games: 5 Months

Jonah, you are five months old. Crazy how time flies. It is so sweet of the Lord that He makes each new phase even more fun than the one before, otherwise I would be so sad all the time. You are growing and changing and losing your newborness more each day. Yet, each new development shows a tiny bit more of your sweet personality. With each change you become even more fun and delightful.

Bath time is one of your favorite parts of the day. You would be content to splash your tiny feet in the bath all day long. I love to have a sweet-smelling, warm, snuggly baby to cuddle after bath time. Putting those two facts together means you enjoy a lot of baths! You get all excited and kick and squeal when you see me getting the bath ready for you.


I still love to tote you around in the Maya wrap. I love having you close to me while I shop or work around the house, and you are a big fan of it too. Just look at how adorable you are! No wonder so many people stop to talk to me and coo at you when I carry you this way. You are irresistible!

You are quite a talented Bumbo-er. You feel like a big boy when you sit at one end of our table during dinner. Your core is getting stronger as you practice being up-right.

You and Nosy. That Boy can not get enough of you. He holds you, fetches toys for you, washes off your mimi, covers you with blankets, plays with you. Before you even know you have a need, he has anticipated the need and met it. He adores you. He wants to be by you all the time. Sometimes it bothers you when he is loud or a little too rough, but just know that you have no greater fan than Noah. He would do anything for you.


This video represents something you have been doing for a few months now but that I know will not last forever. It is so endearing. When I put you in your bed to quiet down for sleep, you stroke your sheets in a circular motion until you drift off to dreamland. If someone is holding you, you stroke their shirt to fall asleep. It is sweet. It is also a cue for me that you are sleepy. When the stroking starts, I better stick you in bed pretty quickly!

You are becoming more fun and interactive all the time. You can hold toys now and play with rattles. You enjoy a little game of peek-a-boo. The Boys love to play with you and try to make you laugh. What fun you are, Tiny Jones!



You are such a joy, Jonah. Sometimes I still can't believe you are ours, that God has seen fit to bless us with such an amazing, awesome little son. I love you more than you'll ever know.


No comments: