Tuesday, November 09, 2010

The Pump Is Not My Friend & Other Bloggy Woes

I miss blogging. So much. I read my friends' blogs complete with darling pictures of Halloween costumes and fall crafts, cute stories of the darndest things kids say. I have all these things too, stored away in my computer and in my heart. I just have absolutely no time nor energy to record them.

We are having a tough time around here. Noah's new insulin pump is not. going. well. And that's putting it lightly. Because of this, and Jonesy's sudden, urgent increase in nighttime appetite, we are not getting much sleep. Maybe 2-3 hours a night. That is just not enough for me to remain an emotionally stable Mommy.

So we remain on survival mode. If I am not dealing with Nosy's pump, feeding Jones, schooling O and Nosy, then I am probably trying to catch a few zzzz's. That is my life right now. I just hope the pictures and stories will keep. I want to record each and every one, but for now, that is just not the priority.

One day...

I'll leave you with a couple of pics, just to let you know we're still alive.

Mr. Personality!

Bright Eyes

We love Fall at the Arbo!

Sweet Boy

My Monkeys

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Such darling pictures. Your Boys are so precious. Will be praying for you mama. I cannot imagine. You are such a great mama -- those Boys are blessed :)

cheryl said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry to hear. Praying for rest and sanity however you can get it!!! Wish I was closer to be able to help. (not that we have our act together, but it's nice to share the load) ;o)
The pics are PRECIOUS. I especially love the one of Jonah on the bed!

Lord, I pray for Rach right now Father, that you would grant their family with a peace that passes understanding. That you would lead them to the perfect treatment plan to help Noah, and that you would help Jonah to tank up good before bed and not wake up so much in the night. Thank you that you care so deeply about these things. Please hold the H. family in your arms and help them feel your presence in the midst of this crazy season in their lives.
In your precious Son's name,
Amen

thesanders said...

Oh Rachel! I am so glad that you posted a short update as I've been worried about you. You are an amazing mother and are so smart to enter survival mode as you weather this season of intensity - mothering, nursing - feeding Jonah and caring for Noah, teacher, wife, and self. It's a lot but I've seen your strength and know you will get through it. It will get better! Sending out love...