Tuesday, December 01, 2009

To Find Out Or Not to Find Out?

The gender of the baby that is.
That is the question flying around the House of Halpin these days.

I was really hoping to be surprised this time around...well as surprised as I could be, seeing as how I am pretty convinced it is another wonderful Boy. I just thought it would be fun to keep the mystery alive and save the big reveal for Li'l Bit's birthday.

I thought Jeremy and I were on the same page...however, lately he has been dropping hints about being more in the know. The one thing he said that really got my attention was that he thinks he can bond better with the baby if he knows the gender and can pray specifically for him/her. He said it also helps him to prepare the room with our specific, named, baby in mind.

I can see that. It's tough for Daddies, especially when the baby just nurses and sleeps for the first few weeks. It's hard for Daddies to feel a part of the whole thing. And far be it from me to hinder Jeremy's baby bonding!

So there it is folks. We're finding out. And now that we've decided, I can. not. wait! Funny, when I was set to wait 9 months. I have a 12 week sono 12/22, which is when the docs knew both O and Nosy were sporting boy parts. So we'll see...I really don't expect to know anything until Feb. or so.

We'll keep y'all posted too!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Too funny :)
I was all set for the big surprise if I ever had #3 too, but then I was SO SURE it was a girl I had to know :)
Jason too.
Can't wait to find out - I thought all babies looked like boys at 12 weeks though?

Jenna M said...

How fun! We didn't find out with the boys but chose to this time. I must admit that I still say "when the baby comes"...maybe I am still in shock that we are having a girl.
I agree with you...boys are great though! I know this little girl will sure change the dynamics in our household.
Can't wait to hear the news!

MaryAnn said...

I agree with Jeremy and am anxious to be specific also! Can't wait to hear!

cheryl said...

Oh,can't wait to hear!!! I'm sure there are some really sweet things about waiting to find out, but I have to agree w/ Jeremy. ;o)

Gigi said...

Yea! I can't wait to find out!