Thursday, December 24, 2009

6 Christmases: Act 2

Christmas Eve at the Cody's

Who woulda thunk it? Christmas Eve arrived with gale force winds and...drum roll...SNOW!! Real, white, soft, huge flakes of snow. We braved the frigid weather to participate in a reverent candlelight service at Gramps and Yaya's church. The Boys, needless to say, were in awe of all the tiny flames and did remarkably well when entrusted with their own candle to hold. Definitely a highlight of the evening was holding sweet O while bathed in only candlelight and raising our voices together in "Silent Night." Brought tears to my eyes. Christmas Eve is a worshipful time like no other.

After church, we headed to the Cody house to fill our bellies with warm, delicious comfort food.

Yaya stirring up my favorite gravy. She honestly makes the best gravy in the world!

Nosy discovered the true joys of Redi Whip for the first time. I'm surprised he was willing to share this taste with me!

The traditional reading of the account of Christ's birth.

A special gift for Grampsy

A different kind of "bow head." Silly Yaya!

Mom and Dad opening their annual photo book. I think I out did myself this year, if I may say so myself.

We had such a comfortable, low key, slow paced evening spending time together, opening gifts, and enjoying each other's company. It was perfect!

No comments: