Thursday, November 26, 2009

Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart

We have so much to be thankful for every single day. Near the top of my grateful-to-God-for list? The fact that our entire family lives within a 30 minute drive and we get to live day-in, day-out life with them. I love experiencing the little things with people I love so much.

And then there are the holidays...the bustling, busy, full of fun and too much delicious food holidays. We wouldn't miss seeing everyone on every holiday!

We started Thanksgiving off at Gramps and Yaya's home where Yaya had a surprise waiting for the Boys.
Every year, around the 15th of December, I think to myself, "I would really like to get the Boys the Little People Nativity to play with during the Christmas season." Of course, by the time that thought enters my brain, they are sold out everywhere. Lo and behold! Yaya surprised us with one! Hooray!

Squeezes for Yaya

Sadly, these are my only photos from the Cody Thanksgiving. I spent the rest of our visit stuffing my pregnant self full of mashed potatoes and gravy. YUM!


After naps, we headed to Julianne and Rob's home for round 2.

Maddie, Nosy, Mia, O and Ally

Loving on Baby Elliot

Gigi brought all the supplies to make potato turkeys. Such fun! Will was very proud of his!

We had such a wonderful day, surrounded by the people we love most and remembering the blessings God has graciously poured out on us. My heart is so grateful.

1 comment:

Deann Black said...

I am so jealous you got that nativity:) I have also dreamed of having that set for I don't know how long. LOVE the potato turkeys...we might have to use that idea next year. This year my mom made cupcakes and the kids decorated them like turkeys.