Thursday, August 13, 2009

This Is the Life

I can't believe I have never thought of this before.

Toady we built the hugest clubhouse ever. We incorporated three tables, the slide, plenty of sheets and blankets, even padded the floor with rugs and piles of fluffy pillows. It was cozy, dark, and comfy.

My Guys wanted to play house. Hooray! That was my fave growing up!! O assigned the roles: He was the dad, Nosy was the mom, and I was the big sister. My baby sister was Julie (the doll) and we were the proud owners of Tree, the pet dog. I dove right in, playing my role to the best of my ability. All to soon though, I was banished to the clubhouse to babysit. Shucks, I thought. I was having so much fun...

...until I crawled in the clubhouse, which was remember, so cozy and dark and comfy. O and Nosy explained to me that they would be away for a long time, making food at 10 Pieces of Hamburger (O's restaurant). They would be sure to bring me some dinner when they were done. After that, they had to take down church and load the tubs onto the big truck. (Can you tell we're part of a church plant?!) I made myself at home in that dark cave and rested...relaxed...even daydreamed a bit while the Boys played brilliantly together.

Every few minutes I was expected to sample a bit of food or answer a question, but it was the most peaceful afternoon. I emerged from that clubhouse refreshed and ready to make a dinner of my own.
(Check out our new floors!)

2 comments:

Kara said...

Sounds like you should offer to "babysit" every day! How great and the floors look beautiful!

cheryl said...

all the new posts! super sweet and so much fun.
nothing like some bonus "rest time" during play. ;o)