Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Ocho

My tiniest son is 8 months old!

Weight:HEAVY
Length: LONG


We don't go back to the doctor until 9 months, but I think Noah is excelling in the growth department. He is big and beautiful! He has outgrown all his summer clothes and is now wearing what O wore last summer, mostly 12-18 months!


On his eight month birthday, Noah officially became a "crawler." He had been taking 3-4 crawling "steps" for quite awhile, but he still remained in the general vicinity of where I placed him. No more! Although still a bit poky (I can almost see him thinking through the process: right arm, left leg, left arm, right leg...chugging right along), he now crawls throughout the house wherever he pleases. And being the social guy that he is, he likes to be in the middle of any action that might be going on. Now that Scooter can get around a bit better, he is so much more content to play on the floor with a basket of toys. His becoming mobile has made a world of difference in our playtime!


Found: Noah's voice
Noah vocalizes, very loudly! His coos have passed into the realm of babbles. I love it!
Yayayaya.
Dadadada.
O tries to make words out of the babbles and gets so thrilled with Noah's progress.
"No-nos say Dada, Mommy! Yay, No-nos!"
"Noah say Yaya (my Mom's grandma name), Mommy! Noah say it!"
My absolute favorite thing about this past month is the spontaneous laughter. Noah cracks up at Owen while he is playing or singing or jumping around. He no longer needs to be tickled or jostled to provoke laughter. He laughs of his own free will when he finds something funny. And born is Noah's tiny sense of humor.
Usually more of a flirt, Noah does have a serious side...when his smiley muscles tire out...or when Mommy leaves the room...or if someone other than Mommy is holding him. (He is a definite Mama's Boy, not that I mind at all!)

Noah is extremely passionate about his food and drink. As you can see by this photo, even toys are relished with zeal! One of Mommy's plain old water bottles is enough to throw Noah into a fit of delight. Scooter's favorite food these days is banana mixed with avocado, just like his big bro at this age. It never ceases to amaze me how much food this kiddo can pack away. I guess it takes a lot to sustain all that cuteness!

The Tough Love finally took effect this month. Although Noah rises with the roosters, he now sleeps uninterrupted from about 7:30 pm until 5:30 am. I usually have about an hour with my youngest before O wakes up. Even though I am still super-sleepy at this hour, I treasure having some time with just my Noah. What a wonderful Boy he is!

2 comments:

cheryl said...

What a sweet post! Love all the pics! :o) I know I keep saying this, but I can't believe how fast our babies are growing!!!

The Beautiful Cagle Family said...

What a hunk!! Looks and in his built, he is so precious and I cant believe he is wearing 12-18m.

They are super sweet together and what a fun way to teach sounds and numbers, we are trying that one!