Thursday, August 09, 2007

The Finger

What has happened to my sweet, submissive O?
Where Owie used to obey immediately without question or complaint, I now am faced with "The Finger" and a defiant "No, ma'am!" The child is developing a mind and opinions of his own.
In several ways, this is exciting news. Owie is growing up and thinking for himself. I am getting more of a picture of what goes on inside that precious little head. I have been given the great pleasure and even greater responsibility to shape this incredible mind into one that pursues hard after Christ. His will is peeking out and this is the prime time to mold it into submission to our Father.
Prayerfully I can focus on these positives as I am frustratingly faced with "The Finger" multiple times a day!

2 comments:

cheryl said...

MMMmmmmm....we are SO THERE right now! I love how well you worded your post. ;o) Thanks for sharing real life. It's nice to be able to relate to and pray for each other!

The Beautiful Cagle Family said...

oh, yes! Welcome to having a child that has opinions with an attitude!! That is what I like to call it. Sometimes it is hard not to laugh because they are just to big for there britches.