Monday, April 16, 2007

Randomness in our Travels


I captured so many images of our traveling adventure to Iowa. I will spare you from listening to most of the story. But here are a few of my faves:


Noah, who has been know to scream (remember shrilly!) for extended periods of time while riding in the car, was a perfect angel the whole eight hour drive. He was so tickled to have Mommy in the back seat with him. He just cooed and smiled the whole way to Nana's house.


We stopped at this tiny pizza place on the way to Emmetsburg. We put Noah right up on the table for some much-needed tummy time after being cooped up in the car. The owners of the restaurant were so super-sweet and even pulled up a chair to join us after awhile! We enjoyed their company!



A celebrity sighting in Iowa! Owen made friends with Ronald McDonald.




After a particularly trying time getting the Boys to bed one night (all three of us were in tears!), I finally sat back on my bed for some relaxation in the form of a good movie and a McFlurry. I glanced over to check on the Boys and became overwhelmed with how abundantly God has blessed me. Right there in those pack and plays is love personified (sweaty and tear-stained from throwing fits they may be). Thank you, Father, for allowing me the privilege of being their Mom. How precious they are! I cried more than a few tears (standing up on a dresser taking pictures)...and then dove into my McFlurry!


Owie talking on the cell phone to Daddy. Jump forward about 30 years and I can see the savvy businessman cutting a huge deal, can't you?


Gramps and O are air traffic controllers from afar

O could hardly contain his excitement about flying on an "airpane," but was so exhausted that he fell asleep (in the midst of a conversation with Gramps) before we even took off!

Yaya and Scooter had some good bonding time on the airplane

2 comments:

cheryl said...

What good little travelers! I only hope our girls do that good when we drive up to Nebraska this summer! Long car rides can be hard, as well as sleeping other places besides your OWN BED!

The Beautiful Cagle Family said...

What a sweet short story about the boys sleeping in the pack-n-plays! I am glad the trip went well.