Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What We Do When Biggie Is Away

 With Owen gone all week at Camp Gigi/Papa, I was looking forward to some quality time with just Nosy and Jones.  Our pace slowed way down with just two boys to play with.  So, what exactly did we do?  Let me tell you...

We took turns feeding Jonah...
...and taking pictures of each other while feeding Jonah.



We *attempted* to take care of our new baby flowers by giving them lots of drinks.


Seems like we spent more time digging in the dirt.



 Afterwards, we had to wash our baby.

Date Day!!!!

Noah and I went to see Cars 2.  Just the two of us.  We bought popcorn (all for me!), and Noah got to choose any candy he wanted.  He chose plain M&Ms.  In a box.  But he only wanted them if he could save half to give to O when he got home from Gigi's.  Oh, and could I save half my popcorn for O too?  Precious Boy. 

Then we wandered around the mall for awhile, picking up a few things on clearance for next summer.  We split some nuggets and a fruit cup for lunch.  And we got special drinks at Sonic.  One of my best dates ever!  There was even a lot of super sweet hand holding involved. :-)


We gave Jonesy some fun rides in the swing.

And introduced him to some new old favorite toys.    That Boy catches on quick!

I also played about a million games of basketball.  I even learned how to make the especially tricky 12 and 13 point shots.  I have a great coach!  When I wasn't one of the players in the basketball tournament, I helped keep score.  For example: "I had 21 points and I scored 2 3-ers, 4 12-ers and 31 13-ers.  What's my score now?"  Nothing like a little mental math to keep me on my toes!


We missed O like crazy, but we made the most of it and thoroughly enjoyed our time as just the three of us.

No comments: