Wednesday, February 09, 2011

8 Months: My Sidekick

Eight whole months old, Jones. Where does the time go? As excited as I am to spend every day with you and as thrilled as I am about each new milestone, the time is going by way too fast. I can't help but pick you up and squish you to me as tightly as possible, trying to soak you in just as you are right now. Thankfully, you like tight squeezes (since they happen very often!), and you sweetly press your chubby little cheek close to mine. I hold you like that as long as possible. You are so tolerant of your sentimental Mama!

You were 17 pounds, 11 ounces when at the doctor for a super bad ear infection (right ear drum ruptured) and case of the flu this week. You were one sick cookie and didn't smile or laugh for almost a week. Broke my heart. I enjoyed a whole lot of rocking and snuggle time with you when you were so sick.

This is the adoring, tiny face I see as I cook supper or school the big boys. Except usually you are grinning or jabbering or blowing raspberries. You are so absolutely, incredibly, darlingly, adorable, but as soon as you see my camera, the smiles and coos vanish. I am constantly frustrated and sad that I can't seem to capture your essence on film.

Ah...there's a tiny grin. Not a great picture, but you can see the two tiny bottom teeth you sprouted this month.


You are sitting so steadily now. You are happy to sit in the middle of the living room with a toy or two and observe the action going on around you. And with those big brothers of yours, there is always a lot of action to watch! You are such a content, happy, laid back guy. Of course you are happiest when plopped right beside me. I'll let you in on something: That's how I'm happiest too, with you right next to me. You are my tiny sidekick. We go together, you and I.

My little opera singer.
You gesture so enthusiastically!

One of my very favorite things you do:
You reach up and touch my face as you nurse. You love to have me kiss your tiny fingers and you stroke my cheek. You are the sweetest. I treasure those moments.
This is the face I usually get when taking your picture.

But there is something (or someone) that can get a smile out of you every, single time.
You just spied Owen. Just look at that happy face. You adore him. You grin at him all day long. You two are going to be very special friends.

I love you, love you, love you, Jonah Cody. You bring immeasurable joy to this family. We thank God for the blessing that you are.

1 comment:

cheryl said...

LOVE this little dude. What a sweetie pie.