Friday, January 15, 2010

Invasion

We were on our way into Target when the Boys spied treasure in the parking lot. Money! A dime and a penny. Oh boy! I told them that if they pooled their money they could buy something fun from the $1 aisle in Target. They were so excited!

It was interesting to me to listen to them discuss just what to buy. One toy they would have to share? A page of stickers they could divide? A coloring poster only one could color? A bag of cookies they could split? Decisions, decisions. One thing after another was inspected and eventually put back on the shelf.

Finally (so much for a quick trip through Target!) they settled on the perfect purchase: 20 army guys, 10 khaki and 10 green. They could each have an army of 10 and play together or apart. Ingenious!

I am a little surprised the boys knew what to do with army guys. Little did I know how quickly our home would be transformed into a battle field!

1 comment:

Julianne said...

That is so funny. . .I have a similar post coming of Will doing that with all of those army men Erica, Joel and the boys gave him. I guess little boys just know what to do with those "boy" toys. Rob is thrilled!