Saturday, October 03, 2009

What's the Matter with O?

Owen's first soccer game was today. I got some amazing pics. I know I did. Sadly, the compact flash card reader on our computer broke so I can't view them. To make matters even worse, in the process of discovering the card reader was broken, the fabulous pics of my Boy in action got erased. So, a new card reader is in transit, and hopefully I can still recover the photos off of the card. In the meantime, I'm making do with my crummy old camera for most things.

Anyway...back to the soccer game. Hopefully I'll add pictures later.

"What's the matter with Owie?" is what kept running through our minds. Our child that has dreamed of this day his whole life and excelled in practice stood around doing mostly nothing. He would casually chase the ball, lagging way behind the herd of children also chasing the ball. Twice the ball landed directly at his feet. He glanced down, noticed the ball and gave the tiniest kick ever. I can only assume that O was way overstimulated and overwhelmed. There was an awful lot of jostling and pushing and screaming and commotion.

After the game, one could only assume he was the star of the show! He whooped and hollered over the lone goal scored by the Green Hornets. He grinned from ear to ear while recapping the best parts of the game. He ensured we had all seen him kick the ball. He high fived everyone he could find. He said he had a great, GREAT time. Well that, my dear, is all that matters. I am so glad he thoroughly enjoyed himself!

1 comment:

cheryl said...

Isn't it so weird how they can "clam up" like that?
At least he's having a ball...that's the goal after all! ;o)
What a funny guy. Maybe he'll loosen up a bit more next time.