Thursday, October 15, 2009

Celebrity Sighting

Did I mention that the celebrity was a cow?
Oh, so sorry. I mean a longhorn?

We were given the chance of a lifetime: to meet and greet Bevo, the mascot of the Texas Longhorns. What an opportunity! We only had an hour to make it, so we did a quick change into our matching Texas garb and headed to see the star.

You know these three were thrilled beyond words.

My mother-in-law's friend's cousin's sister (or someone like that...I can't really remember the connection) was hosting Bevo in their yard for UT/OU weekend. We were invited to come take a peek. I think we actually crashed the party, seeing as how they were barbecuing and had live music and entertainment and so many burnt orange guests were mingling. Oh well. We whispered sweet nothings to Bevo, took some pics and were on our way. At least we blended in!

It has been suggested that we use this as our family Christmas card this year. I know it has the vote of at least one resident of The House of Halpin!

This is how Nosy oh-so-enthusiastically "hooks his horns." Super cute, that Guy!

Owen was beside himself the whole time, just soaking it all in. He hasn't stopped talking about the celebrity sighting since!

1 comment:

cheryl said...

how cool is that?!? ;o) Tiny One always asks if we're doing hook 'em horns when we sign I love you.