Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Episode 2: Not So Restful Bed Rest

The next week was not nearly as restful as I had thought it would be.

First of all, we closed on our dream house! I had been given the doctor's blessing to leave my couch for a few hours to go sign the mound of paperwork required. What a TRUE blessing this house was (and it became an even huger blessing as this story unfolds)! We closed in July, but the previous owners were going to rent the house back from us until October, which was right when our lease at our apartment was up. God's timing is perfect! Once papers were signed, it was back to bed for me!

The other reason for the lack of rest was psychological. I had some major anxiety going on, and the light bleeding and twingy cramps I continued to experience were not helping! True, I enjoyed my fair share of made-for-TV movies and take out, but even these perks of bedrest were overshadowed by the unrest in my heart. Would my baby be okay? I guess I was on a path to learn the "entrusting things to God alone" lesson once again.

After the week was up, I visited with my wonderful doc again. She cleared me to go back to work! Everything looked great! Baby is great; mommy is great; daddy is very nervous, but still great.

Great! Back to work I go! Praise the Lord!

No comments: