Thursday, August 19, 2004

Episode 3: Working Woman

I had been given the all-clear to return to work. My job is a NICU nurse in a Level 3 NICU, my dream job. I love, love ministering to families in crisis, nursing the tiniest of babies to health, witnessing daily miracles as God develops these children that should still be tucked safely inside their mommies...and the adrenaline rush and high tech atmosphere. I work twelve hour shifts, mostly spent on my feet, so I was a little nervous to be there after a whole week of just laying around.

After only an hour or two at work, I once again had blood running down my leg. Embarrassing, but sadly true. I frantically called my doctor. I was scared, especially since the cramping had worsened in intensity. I had hoped we were beyond this fear and worry since I had been given the all-clear! Why was I already back in panic mode, sure I was losing the baby?

So back to the doc I go. Thankfully Jeremy's boss is a wonder and let him off for yet another afternoon to be with me. Another sono. Baby's heart is still beating!! Oh, merciful Father, thank You for intervening on our behalf yet again! It seemed that the empty sack where twin had been had developed into a clot and was causing some irritation inside. It was not all that bad. Things were sure to settle down. We just needed to give it a few more days for the clot to absorb.

Home I went for another week of bed rest. I guess I needed a little more work on the entrusting lesson.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so enjoying your writing! l,b