Saturday, May 19, 2007

Cured?

This is the face the old Noah used to wear 95% of his awake time. I realize I have posted quite a few smiley, happy pictures of Noah on this blog, choosing to show you out there how smiley and happy he was...for 5% of his awake time. The remainder of the time, he looked more like this:

After having a desperate chat with our pediatrician, he diagnosed reflux and prescribed Zantac. Within 24 hours, our baby looks more like this:
and this:

Zantac did not cure all of our woes. I would say Noah is still extremly sleep-challenged and feels a strong sense of abandonment if put down from my arms...ever, both of which lead to lots of (rather shrill, remember?) screaming. But he has so many more episodes of contentment, which gives my heart such joy. It makes my heart hurt to think that all this time maybe he was not just ornery but was in pain from the reflux. Thank you, Lord, for a great doctor who listened to me and acted with wisdom!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you found something! l, b

Kimberly said...

Sorry it's been so rough! Glad he's feeling better. His smiley pics sure are cute!

cheryl said...

I'm so glad the medicine seems to be helping! If you feel like it's still not completely doing the trick, we've had good success with Previcid. Just about all of my friends who's kids started out on something else did better when the switched. Thankfully that was what the Dr. prescribed the first time for us. :o) But hey, if the Zantac is working, go w/ it right?!? ;o)
Noah seems like such a sweet heart!