Monday, March 07, 2011

He Meets Me Where I Am

Last week, when Mom gave me this little devotional that has so touched her life, I had no idea how much it would minister to me. It seems that every single day, the words are written straight to me. They might as well say, "Dear Rachel," at the beginning.

Everyone knows how much I have been struggling against diabetes lately. And recently a great deal of fear has been added to the mix of frustration and lack of control and worry. What a mess! I am struggling to trust my sovereign LORD.

When I opened up to today's devotional page in Jesus Calling, I did not expect to feel so loved by God. Here is what Sarah Young wrote (read it as if God is talking):
"Let me help you through this day. The challenges you face are far too great for you to handle alone. You are keenly aware of your helplessness in the scheme of events you face. This awareness opens up a choice: to doggedly go it alone or to walk with Me in humble steps of dependence. Actually, this choice is continually before you, but difficulties highlight the decision-making process. So, consider it all joy whenever you are enveloped in various trials. These are gifts from Me, reminding you to rely on Me alone."

Wow. Words to cling to throughout my day. Thank You, Lord.

1 comment:

Abbey said...

Well, that couldn't be anymore perfect, could it? He always says what we need to hear. I notice it on the days when I feel like not going to church...the sermon those days is always exactly what I needed to hear.