Friday, January 21, 2011

O's Big Day Dawns

OWEN IS SIX!!!!!
This birthday has been the most anticipated birthday yet. O could hardly wait to bounce out of bed on his big day. His mind was full of spectacular plans to celebrate.

Daddy had the day off. Hooray! We bundled up and headed to the donut store for some yummy breakfast and to set our plan for the day. This year, O decided to branch out a little from his normal choice of sprinkled donuts. Ever since sampling my apple fritter on Nosy's birthday, he had been excited to have his very own. How disappointed we were that they had just run out of fritters! O had a great attitude though and quickly switched to a sausage roll and a blueberry cake donut. Kind of random choices, but he was happy!

Home to open gifts! Owen is always so gracious to let little brother be involved. Jeremy was a little concerned when I told him we had gotten O a globe and a rocket ship clock for his birthday. "Where are the fun gifts?" I assured him O would be thrilled. And he was!! O is fascinated with maps and geography, and the clock projects planets on his ceiling. He was so excited. (O's big gift, an electric drum kit!, definitely deserves a post of its own. It had not yet arrived by mail for O's big day.)

I can't believe my first born is really six. And yet, as we went throughout our day, there were so many times when I was impressed with his maturity. Whether it was a great, flexible attitude when disappointed, sharing his special moment with his brother, or being so grateful while receiving gifts, my little boy is growing up so well. I am so proud of him and the character he is developing.

1 comment:

Gigi said...

He is an outstanding little man! I love him so much!