Tuesday, May 04, 2010

First Tuesdays

We love First Tuesdays at the Dallas Museum of Art. Due to scheduling conflicts, the Boys and I had not been in awhile, so when May rolled around, Owen had been asking to go for awhile. Thankfully, we were free...and so was Yaya!

In the craft room they handed out really cool black paper and sharp wooden sticks. What should we do with these? When the Boys scraped the paper with their sticks, the black rubbed off to reveal vibrant colors underneath. What fun!

The theme was Cinco de Mayo. We thoroughly enjoyed the authentic Mexican dancers' performance!

We hung out at O's favorite spot for quite awhile. He could create treasures at this craft table all day!

Reading books with Yaya. Don't you just love Nosy's newest camera pose? Silly Guy!

Our travels would not be complete without a stop at Pacuigo! My only pregnancy craving has been their salty caramel gelato. I get it as often as I can!

The only black spot on our day? I convinced Yaya that we would do perfectly well parking on the street at a meter and saving the outrageous parking garage fee at the DMA. I diligently kept up with the time and re-fed the meter half way through our stay. However, when we left, we were three minutes late getting back to the van, and there, on my windshield, was the dreaded parking ticket. Ugh!! I ended up spending three times the amount the garage would have cost just to pay the ticket! I learned my lesson the hard way...

No comments: