Monday, June 18, 2007

A Day with the Dads

I am so overwhelmingly blessed to have such incredible men in my life! It does not seem fitting to have only one day a year to officially celebrate them. Hopefully they feel loved on much more often than that!

My Dad AKA Da AKA Gwamps. One of my favorite walking partners. The guy who taught me to slow down and look at stuff, and is now teaching that to my Boys. The man who is never too tired to run one last race or too busy to hear one more story. The teacher that filled my head with Bible knowledge until it spilled over to take root in my heart, all the while living it out for me in his day-to-day life.
Lowell AKA Papa. A man right at home with his arms full of babies (a good thing with eight grandkids four years old and younger!). The best bear-hugger ever! The guy who tells it like it is but with much love and compassion. A father-in-law that has welcomed me whole-heartedly into the family and makes me feel so loved. A man who is completely generous, not only with his possessions, but even more so with his time, skills, affection, and advice.

My sweet Jeremy. What a treasure you are to me! You love me so well and are an amazing father. It is an honor to live life by your side and to have the privilege of submitting to your authority. One of my favorite things is to watch you interact with our sons. They reflect back to you the love you pour out on them.
You all three are loved so much!

No comments: